Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Posted by Unknown On 5:27 AM
Right now I have three paintings in different stages of development. All are experiments where I'm trying out new techniques and stretching my abilities. I've given myself permission to fail. Fail in the sense I'm not worried about the final product. Having fun is my prime objective. Being open and free of expectations allows the creative side of me to have fun as well.

The painting you see here is not close to being done. I've added real maple leaves to the canvas, and I will see how they hold up. I need more layers and added interest, such as lines, shapes and possibly words. This is a cross composition, but the cross shape is too equal in size. I will obscure some of the area and create different size shapes and add color.

Taking a picture of your work in progress is a great way to see what needs to be added or taken away. Also, hanging your work where you can see it every day is another way to get to know your painting. It's a great way to get a fresh perspective on your work of art.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this Vic. It has a etherial feel and is lovely in the colors too. I hope the leaves hold up as they bring movement and life. Looking good...

    ReplyDelete